Senior Animator – Cold Iron StudiosSeptember 26, 2022
Senior Level Designer – Cold Iron StudiosSeptember 26, 2022
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Principal Lighting Artist to join us in creating our next game for consoles and PC! This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
Are you excellent at conveying mood through light? Do you revel in creating an atmosphere that is immersive and believable? Here’s the most important one: Do you do it all for the game?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you’ll own the product management responsibilities for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Own the Unreal 4&5 lighting and post processing implementation across the game
- Develop a lighting pipeline that other artists can use to guide them
- Set VFX, fog, and other atmospherics to translate the mood of the game
- Add finishing touches to levels through cutscenes, interactive elements, and post processing
- Optimize lighting performance for consoles and PC
- Work with artists and designers to support gameplay and narrative considerations through lighting
- Portfolio of work demonstrating ability as a lighting artist
- Multiple shipped games as a lighting artist
- Expert understanding of color
- Extensive experience with real-time dynamic lighting techniques
- Expert ability to translate visual reference or concept effectively into the game
- Expert ability to research and develop lighting techniques and pipelines
- Excellent understanding of post process techniques
- Understanding of how lighting can support gameplay goals
Would Love to See
- Unreal experience (Unreal 4 or 5)
- Advanced understanding of shaders
- No requirement
- This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
- Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered
About our Location
Cold Iron is a team of passionate game developers located in San Jose, California. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning shooter, MMO, and action titles on PC and console. We launched Aliens: Fireteam Elite in August 2021 to critical acclaim and to a very devoted fan base.
Exceptional employee benefits, Remote work; 18 days PTO first year in addition to 11 paid holidays plus company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, annual stipend to help cover work from home expenses, ultra-creative environment.