Gameplay Animator – Calypte – A Virtuos StudioSeptember 27, 2022
Environment Artist – Calypte – A Virtuos StudioSeptember 27, 2022
Our newest studio Calypte based in California specializes in video game co-development for console and PC titles. As our studio is continuing to grow with new and exciting opportunities, we are seeking to add full-time positions to the Engineering Team to work with our Technical Director and create excellent gameplay experiences.
Player experience is at the core of a Gameplay Engineer. They work across many areas of development from UX to AI. Creating first-class gameplay experiences requires creative solutions for technical challenges. Gameplay engineers are responsible for creating sustainable and robust technology to meet our product quality expectations. They relish collaboration with many disciplines to create amazing player experiences.
- Design and create technical specifications for major gameplay features and systems
- Work closely with engineers, artists, and designers to create and iterate on game features
- Use strong critical thinking to problem solve and debug programs
- Contribute unique personal ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Optimize and maintain existing game systems
- Coaches and mentors engineers to build technical competencies
- Minimum 5 years of professional development experience
- Professional experience working in Unreal
- Experience as primary owner of at least one core gameplay system
- At least one shipped title
- Strong skills in C++
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
People matter. Diverse opinions and experiences matter. At Virtuos, our talented teams are the cornerstone of our success, and we recognize that fostering and advocating for inclusivity is at the center of what we do best – we make games better, together. Virtuos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of thought, expression, culture, and backgrounds.