Senior Gameplay Engineer – Calypte – A Virtuos StudioSeptember 27, 2022
Business Operations Manager – AtariSeptember 27, 2022
As California studios are continuing to grow with new and exciting opportunities for Console & PC titles, we are seeking a 3D Environment Artist to be part of our creative team. This is a full-time position which involves collaborating in an international environment.
The ideal candidate has a strong aesthetic eye and a solid understanding of AAA game production. They can communicate easily with other disciplines and studios and take creative and artistic direction as well as support the Art Director in maintaining the art style and quality on a variety of projects for external or co-development work. Qualifications for this role are listed below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of them.
- Working on the art team creating high-quality AAA 3D environment assets for games that are technically sound and optimized.
- Working on world layouts, hard surfaces, organic assets, and props from reference and concepts.
- Expert knowledge in a 3D modeling software package such as Maya, 3DSMax, Blender and sculpting software such as ZBrush and Mudbox.
- Excellent knowledge in material and texture creation such as Substance Painter and Photoshop and a comprehensive understanding of PBR pipelines. (Knowledge of Photogrammetry techniques is a plus).
- Strong sense of scene composition and visual storytelling, with a good eye for lighting, color and detail.
- Good technical skills with knowledge of game engines (Unreal) and integration workflows. (Lumen and Nanite knowledge a plus).
- Collaborate with your teammates as well as other teams related to the development, whether local or remote.
- Suggest improvements on existing features for final game quality.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks, report work in progress and deliver the result completed on time.
- Suggest practices and techniques which can help improve quality or efficiency.
- Be able to communicate in different time zones with overseas Virtuos studios and artists.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating high quality 3D work.
- Strong knowledge of architecture, urban planning, and visual design.
- Excellent sense of visual composition, form and color.
- Experience with many different methods for creating a game world including modular systems and usage of procedural tools.
- Demonstratable classic drawing skills (a plus).
- 4+ years’ Experience working on AAA titles and PC/console games is preferred.
- Excellent eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques used to achieve visual targets.
- Passion for video games, as much to make them as to play them.
- Good understanding of the game development process for innovations and limitations.
- Be autonomous, rigorous, proactive, and have an efficient work ethic.
- Motivated to excel and achieve a high quality and optimized result.
People matter. Diverse opinions and experiences matter. At Virtuos, our talented teams are the cornerstone of our success, and we recognize that fostering and advocating for inclusivity is at the center of what we do best – we make games better, together. Virtuos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of thought, expression, culture, and backgrounds.