External Development Manager – Cold Iron StudiosSeptember 26, 2022
Principal Gameplay Engineer – Hidden Path EntertainmentSeptember 26, 2022
Hidden Path Entertainment is seeking a Senior UI Engineer for a AAA, third-person, open-world fantasy RPG that will take place inside the Dungeons & Dragons franchise using Unreal Engine 5.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about good UI/UX in video games, and will have experience creating or working with UI systems and player-facing UI using a game engine.
Hidden Path Entertainment is based in the Pacific Time Zone. Employees work a 40 hour week with daily overlapping hours of 10am to 4pm Pacific time.
Hidden Path is an inclusive, collaborative environment. You will be working with artists, designers, engineers, and other disciplines from all walks of life who have a variety of different perspectives. Being able to navigate and thrive in this kind of environment will be key to your success. This is a full-time remote position. Post COVID, this position has the option to convert to an on-site role located in Bellevue, WA.
- Develop the technical framework, widget library, and standards for this RPG’s user interface across multiple platforms
- Work closely with UI artists and designers to realize the game’s UI
- Work with other engineers to help them implement UI features
- Document UI systems so that others can use them and understand them
- Write maintainable and performant code
- Offer UI improvements/solutions for internal tools
- Assist with bug fixing and polish
- Passion for good UI/UX
- 6+ years in the game industry
- Contributed significantly to the UI/UX for a game title that shipped
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Excellent coding design skills
- Solid debugging skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- B.S. in computer science or computer engineering
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5, UMG, and Blueprints
- Experience working with PC and consoles