Principal Lighting Artist – Cold Iron StudiosSeptember 26, 2022
External Development Manager – Cold Iron StudiosSeptember 26, 2022
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Level Designer to join our world class team on our next AAA title for consoles and PC! As a Senior Level Designer you bridge the gap between art and design, making the content and pacing of the game more enjoyable through layout with strong artistic sensibilities. This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
Do you excel designing spaces that are as pleasing to look at as they are to play through? Join our creative, collaborative studio where you will help craft visually inspiring worlds and awesome gameplay environments.
- Translate art and design ideas into 3D gameplay spaces
- Own the creation of levels using whitebox and final art assets
- Gather playtest feedback and translate it into iterative improvements
- Collaborate with the Design and Environment teams
- Help drive modular kit design and scope of prop assets needed
- Help drive the aesthetic and gameplay vision for the game
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
- Guide and mentor other team members
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Level Designer
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters
- Strong sense of level design, scale, pacing, and gameplay flow
- Advanced understanding of lighting, composition, and set dressing
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
- Understanding of 3D geometry and material creation tools
- Understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies
Would Love to See:
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- No requirements.
- This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
About Cold Iron
Cold Iron is a team of passionate game developers located in San Jose, California. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning shooter, MMO, and action titles on PC and console. We launched Aliens: Fireteam Elite in August 2021 to critical acclaim and to a very devoted fan base.
Exceptional employee benefits, Remote work; 18 days PTO first year in addition to 11 paid holidays plus company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, annual stipend to help cover work from home expenses, ultra-creative environment.