Business Operations Manager – AtariSeptember 27, 2022
Mastering the Art of Hiring Cybersecurity Experts: A Comprehensive GuideSeptember 1, 2023
As California studios are continuing to grow with new and exciting opportunities for Console & PC titles, we are seeking someone who will help design and implement engaging and challenging combat experiences for 3rd Person action-adventure games.
As a Combat Designer, you will help design a variety of combat setups and gameplay experiences based around combat for our projects. It is a full-time position that will allow you to work closely with our Design Director and create excellent gameplay experiences.
The ideal candidate has previous experience and has shipped projects as a Combat Designer, has experience designing memorable combat encounters using a variety of enemy types, and situational setups. Qualifications for this role are listed below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of them.
- Work with the level designers to identify, setup and polish combat encounters that respect combat metrics and quality standards.
- Experience designing enemy behaviors, combat abilities and underlying mechanics to support combat feel.
- Orchestrate development needs for assets supporting combat including animations, sounds, visual effects, UI, etc.
- Iterate and improve your combat encounters based on creative feedback.
- Collaborate with other designers & offer feedback and or support to improve combat.
- 1+ Shipped AAA titles in a Combat Designer role or higher
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a design development role.
- A deep understanding of modern gameplay and combat trends in the market.
- Excels in visual, written and verbal communication.
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and developing solutions.
- Passion for both gaming and game development.
People matter. Diverse opinions and experiences matter. At Virtuos, our talented teams are the cornerstone of our success, and we recognize that fostering and advocating for inclusivity is at the center of what we do best – we make games better, together. Virtuos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of thought, expression, culture, and backgrounds.