Character Customization Technical Director – Hidden Path EntertainmentSeptember 26, 2022
Lead VFX Artist – Free Range GamesSeptember 27, 2022
Hidden Path Entertainment is seeking a full-time Senior Technical Artist – Cinematics for a AAA, third-person, open-world fantasy RPG that’s set in the Dungeons & Dragons universe.
You will be responsible for establishing a new real-time cinematics pipeline using Unreal Engine and sequencer.
You’ll collaborate with animation, lighting, VFX, audio, and other related disciplines to establish a scalable workflow for real-time cinematic content creation, both linear and systemic. Define and document the desired functionality of a systemic toolchain capable of generating baseline sequencer content for a large volume of narrative content. You will establish and document cinematics best practices and studio conventions, and participate in identifying external technology needs. This role reports to the Director of Cinematics.
- Be passionate about innovating in the area of branching narrative systemic cinematics
- Have experience supporting cinematics teams across multiple art disciplines including animation, lighting, camera, VFX, and audio
- Have experience designing and supporting cinematics pipelines for games on multiple console & PC platforms, with at least 1 published AAA game
- Have experience using Unreal Engine sequencer (or equivalent) on a shipped project
- Possess technical art skills in cinematics (linear and or systemic) and related disciplines
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and a collaborative creative spirit
- Have strongly cultivated soft skills
- Passion for great games, with an awareness of current titles, industry trends, and understanding of the limitations of real-time cinematics
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of modern and classical cinematic fundamentals with an application towards establishing mood, tone, and emotion
- Understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development
- Familiarity with cinematography, staging, and camerawork
- Familiarity with Metahuman / Unreal character pipeline
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and pipelines
- Experience in specialized areas such as procedural cinematics and branching cinematics
- Passion for RPGs and/or action games