Network Software Engineer – Toys for BobAugust 30, 2022
Producer – Cold Iron StudiosSeptember 26, 2022
Toys for Bob is looking for an Art Director to help us inspire, conceptualize and develop bold, new visual directions for our games. As a director, you will establish aesthetic vision and steer the team’s growth and development. You will be the catalyst for inspiration and be a force multiplier for the art team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop and articulate each game’s unique aesthetic vision and standards through illustrations, documents, or any means necessary.
- Direct concept artists to produce inspirational key art and model sheets for environments, props, characters, creatures and UI.
- Supervise, review and steer the development of assets across multiple art teams to schedule, budget, and high visual standards in close coordination with producers and other Art leads.
- Iterate closely with Design and Engineering teams to ensure all visuals support gameplay needs.
- Collaborate with publishing teams to create product and marketing assets.
- Support internal and social comms with inspiring art assets.
- Partner with studio leadership to grow the team through new hires and development strategies.
- Attract the best talent and external partnerships for multiple art teams across the globe.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals
- Strong familiarity with modern art tools, techniques
- Able to communicate feedback quickly and flexibly through briefing sheets, diagrams, mockups, draw-overs, call outs or whatever best connects with the recipient
- Comfortably collaborate with distributed team members
- Create strong sense of purpose, community, and calm
- Lead by example
- Attention to detail
- Protects work-life balance
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Shipped game(s) as an Art Director
- Experience with live game production
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience vetting and partnering with external support teams
- Able to iterate with technical artists to develop techniques and tools to achieve aesthetic aspirations and efficiencies
- Able to direct both photorealistic and stylized looks
- Able to pitch/present to executives and the press
- In the habit of incubating ideas for future pitches